- These plans are available to Roadpost inReach subscribers with accounts created prior to September 20, 2017.
- A one-time $35 activation fee applies to all plans.
- Plans auto-renew month-to-month until suspended or cancelled.
- Plans cannot be suspended or cancelled in the first 30 days, but changes can be made any time after that.
Fees and Billing Cycle
- Monthly service fees are billed one month in advance. Activation and administration fees are billed as they occur. Usage is billed monthly and by occurrence. All invoices are electronic.
- For plan changes made during a billing cycle, the monthly fee and allocated messages associated with the plan will be prorated. (Example: if your plan includes 100 text messages, and you cancel half way through the billing cycle, your plan fee and allocated messages would be prorated by half.)
- Usage applies to incoming and outgoing messages. Overage fees apply to usage that exceeds the message allotment included in the user’s plan as outlined. A message is used each time a text message (email or SMS) is sent or received. Messages you send automatically include your GPS coordinates as well. A track is used each time a position report (a single track point) is transmitted. A track includes just your GPS coordinates (no text message). A track is sent on the interval you selected when you have tracking enabled (e.g. a 10 minute tracking interval would result in a position report being transmitted every 10 minutes).
Weather Forecast Pricing Details
Weather Forecasts are offered on a pay-per-use basis as follows:
- Basic and Basic Marine weather forecasts are rated the same as a text message. Additional usage fees vary by plan. Please refer to your plan pricing for details.
- Premium and Premium Marine forecasts are billed at $1.25 per forecast.
Switching Between Plans
- Users can switch plans at any time. There is no administration fee to switch plans. Plans can be suspended, unsuspended, changed or cancelled any time through the Explore self-serve website.
Suspending and Unsuspending Service
- After the initial 30-day term, you can suspend your plan at any time. The monthly fee while your plan is suspended is just $4.95 and there is no fee to unsuspend your plan. While the service is suspended the inReach device cannot transmit, however users retain access to their online account and historical data in the Explore web application.
- You can downgrade or suspend your plan up to 12 times in a year; all subsequent downgrades or suspensions will be subject to a $10 administration fee. There is no admin fee to upgrade or unsuspend your plan.
- After the initial 30-day term, you can cancel your plan at any time. There is no charge to cancel your plan however users will lose access to their online account, historical data and the Explore web application. If you later decide to reactivate your account, an activation fee is charged (consider suspending your service if you might use it again in the future).