Explore® Web App
When you activate your inReach with any Standard plan, you get access to the Explore web app where you can manage your inReach account, plan your trips and share your adventures with others.
Unlimited Cloud Storage and Trip Planning
Every inReach device comes with free access to the Explore web app. It is a cloud-powered portal where you can manage your monthly service, plan your trips with routes and waypoints, create pre-set messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, update your firmware, download additional TOPO maps, link your social media accounts, store all your location tracking data and much more. You can even choose from multiple languages, including English and French!
Track and Share Your Whereabouts
Turn on the tracking function of your inReach SE®+ or Explorer®+ and let family and friends follow you on their computers or mobile devices using the web-based MapShare® portal. The inReach device will send waypoints at pre-selected time intervals, and you can invite people back home to use MapShare to ping your inReach device, see your GPS location, track your movements and exchange messages during your trip. You can even embed your MapShare page on a blog, website or social media.
The inReach system is my critical link to the rest of the world.
– Mark Robinson, Storm Hunter
- Set up emergency contacts
- Change or temporarily suspend your monthly service when it isn’t needed
- Associate devices with your account (you can have more than one!)
- Create multiple logins to your account if desired
- View or export past trips including messages and tracking info (CVS, KML and GPX
- Update your inReach firmware
- Supports 27 languages including English (Canada) and French (France)
- Set up quick text and preset messages and sync them to your inReach device
- Prepare multiple routes ahead of time
- Create colour-coded waypoints for key locations and milestones
- Share your planned route, actual tracks and waypoints
- Update your firmware before you head into the backcountry or onto the water
Adventures are even better when they are shared. Let folks back home follow your journey from any web browser using MapShare®. You can also link MapShare to your social accounts to share your location journey with Facebook and Twitter followers.